Are you gearing up for a successful move to your new home? Let us help you with a free printable moving Excel checklist to ensure that every small task is accounted for every step of the way.
This post may contain affiliate links.
Free Printable Moving Excel Checklist
In case you missed it, Arin Solange is moving to South Carolina! While our move won’t actually take place until the summer, we do need to physically move all of our belongings by the end of this month!
Because this move is a cross-country move, we plan on taking only what we really need. This is the best way to avoid moving large items that may not travel well or fit in our new home. As a result, a lot of our larger items will be sold.
We are being very intentional with what we choose to keep. Still, with four kids and a dog, we have a lot to keep track of.
As you all know, I love staying organized. I’m even more grateful now for my organizational skills since this will be the key to a smooth transition.
This isn’t my first rodeo as I have moved three times before. But, when moving hundreds of miles away, I don’t want to overlook anything. That’s why I’ll be using this thorough moving checklist so I hopefully don’t miss anything.
Why Use a Moving Checklist?
A moving checklist keeps track of all the important things, giving you peace of mind. It ensures you don’t forget critical functions like updating your new address, arranging for a moving permit, or securing a security deposit.
Free Printable Moving Checklist: What’s Included?
The free printable moving checklist includes pre-move preparation activities, such as hiring a moving company or scheduling a garage sale for unwanted items. It reminds you to keep track of necessary changes to documents.
It also includes what to keep in mind on the day of the move. These include a list of items like a change of clothes and essential toiletries to keep with you.
Lastly, it includes post-move actions, including tasks like notifying the post office of your change of address.
Here’s an overview of the sections of the checklist and what each contains.
Before The Move
- Research moving companies and secure a moving company.
- Download your free printable moving checklist using the provided download link.
- Begin sorting items for a garage sale or donation.
- Fill out any required application forms for your new place.
- Secure a moving permit if needed.
- Notify your real estate agent or landlord of the move date.
- Schedule renewable electricity commitment for the new location.
- Start with a change of clothes and essential items for the first night.
- Use the checklist to track packing of each room.
- Label boxes with contents and room destination for the new house.
On Moving Day
- Confirm with the moving company the time of arrival.
- Keep a copy of the moving checklist on hand to check off completed tasks.
- Ensure you have your new keys and important documents easily accessible.
After The Move
- Update your address with the post office, banks, and other important contacts.
- Go through the checklist to ensure all tasks are completed.
- Make appropriate changes to your home to suit your needs.
- Unpack essential items first, such as bedding, toiletries, and a change of clothes.
- Arrange your new living space to have the essentials easily accessible for regular sessions of unpacking.
- Use the moving checklist to organize the setup of critical areas like the kitchen and bathroom.
- Update your contact information with your employer, banks, and subscription services.
- Notify friends and family of your new address to maintain your social connections and ensure you receive mail.
Making It Feel Like Home
- Host a small gathering to celebrate your new place with friends and family.
- Personalize your new home by hanging pictures or adding decorative touches that reflect your style.
- Use the peace of mind that comes with a completed checklist to relax and enjoy your new surroundings.
- Provide feedback to your moving company and professional movers to help them improve their service.
- Next, review your free printable moving checklist one last time to confirm all necessary changes have been made.
- Finally, once settled, consider leaving a review for the moving checklist templates to assist others in their moving process.
Download Your Moving Checklist
First, you should download this essential tool when you find yourself moving! The whole process takes time, but with this checklist, you’ll find it manageable in steps.
Shop My Favorite Packing Products
Lastly, make sure you check out some of my favorite products to help you pack for your upcoming move.
Picture Frame Corner Protectors
Mirror TV Frame Edge Wrapping
QR Code Smart Labels
Side Loaded Boxes
Large Mirror Artwork Boxes
Colored Masking Tape
Wreath Storage Bags
Padded Moving Blankets
Protective Art Storage Bag
Other Posts You’ll Love
Pin The Photo Below For Later
Remember, a home move doesn’t have to be a daunting task. With our free printable moving checklist and a little bit of planning, you’ll be on your way to a successful move without taking up too much time. Good luck with your move and welcome to your new home!