Sometimes I feel like time is slipping away from me with my sweet babies. They are growing so fast, and constantly changing. When I decided I wanted to blog again, I told myself that I would keep it mostly about my passions (DIY, Decor, etc), but I can’t forget to share my number one passion from time to time – my family!
This week both of my kids have half birthdays, but since Jack’s comes first – here are some things I never want to forget about my sweet, gentle 4.5 year old!
- He is SO appreciative of all things big and small. He got a new mattress and box spring last week and wrapped his arms around my neck, and thanked Sam and I a million times.
- He LOVES the trolls movie, and dances to all the songs. It’s amazingly cute and truly fills my heart.
- He tells me all the time about how he had a “greaty day” and then follows up with one of his favorite moments from the day.
- He LOVES to spell and is really REALLY good at it for a 4 year old.
- Super why is his current favorite show.
- His favorite color is blue, and he isn’t a huge fan of anyone else having it, other than his Uncle Ben – he’s accepted that!
- His favorite food is Pizza.
- He loves Carrots and oranges
- He gets frustrated getting dressed and undressed himself, but is trying really hard.
- He loves school, especially on wednesdays when he goes a full day.
- He still LOVES animals and nature, and worms, and basically all things living.
- He loves to ride his scooter, but is a bit unsure about his bike.
- He recently has gotten really great at coloring in the lines, and he’s so proud when he does well at it- and so are we!
Overall Jack is truly the most amazing gift from God. I don’t think I had too many preconceived notions about having a son, but the few that were there, he proved wrong. He has taught me more in 4.5 years than I expected to learn in a lifetime. We have had our fair share of challenges, and I would be lying if I said every moment of parenting him has been perfect and easy. He struggles understanding language a bit, but has worked hard, and continues to work hard, and we have learned to see God’s blessings in that. He is allergic to egg, and everything containing it, so we have learned to read labels, avoid activities and events, and teach him about it not always being fair. He is gentle, sensitive, kind, wild, smart, loud, busy, and all around an amazing brother and son. We can’t wait to see what God has in store for his amazing little life!
I love you my sweet Jack Joseph – to the moon and back 16 times 😉