Okay I am pretty certain if you’re about to have a baby you have googled, pinterested, and asked every friend who birthed a baby in the past 5 years “WHAT THE HECK DO I NEED TO BRING TO THE HOSPITAL?” I’m not a Pro, but I have had 2 babies – and I am a planner through and through, so I’ll give you my 2 cents on whats in my hospital bag.
What’s in my Hospital Bag
- Baby book – or an extra sheet of paper foot foot prints. All of my babies have different baby books from different shops, but Etsy is my go to for finding them!
- Boppy/nursing pillow – you may end up being a mom who hates them. But until you know – just bring it.
- Sandals or slippers to walk around in. – these are my current favorite
- PJs/lounge clothes
- Some comfy granny panties. I know — not glamourous, but you will thank me later. These are my favorite!
- A belly Binder of some kind – this is totally optional, but I personally have used a Spanx esque product right after each baby was born to help my tummy to not feel so gross.
- A robe. Pink Blush has an amazing selection!!
- Something for pictures for baby – even if you’re not doing the hospital newborns you still may want to take a few cute ones – so for you this may be a cute swaddle and hat/headband, or outfit, but its fun to have something.
- A coming home outfit…and at least 1 backup. I personally bring 4 outfits for the hospital. They are small..it doesn’t hurt, but bring at least two. We planned to bring jack home in this cute little football onsie until he pooped all over it. Sh** happens….literally with babies. haha.
- The carseat – Just leave it in the car until you’re ready to leave because the rooms are small.
- Toiletry bag: You can do as little or as much as you want on this front. I made sure to shower, do my makeup AND hair at the hospital. Baby will be getting tests done and such, so I like to take that opportunity for one last shower and beauty session before we’re home and doing it on our own!
- Electronics: Phone charger, laptop or iPad for watching shows, camera AND charger – and so on!