Getting Your Family Organized
If you read my blog post last week then you saw that we are kicking butt at being parents of three… Okay, so you actually saw that I admitted to how much harder three is. But one thing I noticed was that some of what was ‘hard’ was that we weren’t organized. We can no longer divide and conquer 1 on 1 during chaotic times of the day, so we had to implement some new ways of keeping those times organized. I’m going to tell you about what we have implemented in this post, and would love to hear if there is anything you do in this area!
- Cut down on small jobs for later. Do all the tiny jobs that come up during the week at once. It will save you time and chaos later, and help keep you organized. Our lists hang in our laundry room available for Sam and I.
- Get organized for the week. Sunday nights I gather clothes for all three kids for the full week. I bring the clothes to a hanging organizer (like this one) and put them in a bin for each day of the week. Picking out three outfits each morning is chaotic for us, so this has been the biggest help for us!
- Bags are packed. Sunday nights my diaper bag is always loaded up for the week. (ever been caught out without a diaper or wipes?…I am here to tell you that it’s the worst lol). We also make the kids lunches and get their bags packed for school on Sunday nights (and any night before they need them). Mornings are much more stressful for us, with three kids running around, so doing those little things when no one is awake is MUCH easier.
- Wake up early. Sam and I have started to wake up earlier, and the reward of less stress, much outweighs the loss of sleep. Having time to get yourself or your day together without kids running around is needed, and allows Sam to get his workout out of the way.
- Meal plan. enough said.
- Cleaning lists. Having laminated lists available to both Sam and myself allows for our weekly and monthly cleaning to be divided without even discussing. My lists are laminated, and we just cross of what we have done.
- Keep a family calendar. We are getting better at this, and working on a better command center, but write things on a calendar. It will help you as a parent, as well as you and your spouse to not forget things or have surprise events come up.
I would love to hear what you do to cut down on chaos. Drop me a comment!!
Here are my lists to print or use as reference
KayleeNovember 26, 2017 at 10:08 pm
I love this! Seriously❤️ Routine is the best thing that has happened to us. I also love the idea of doing the little things on Sunday. Such a smart idea! That way it makes the weekday so much less stressful. Thanks for the post. ☺️
ArinNovember 26, 2017 at 10:10 pm
aww your sweet comment made my night!! I am so glad it is helpful!
StephanieNovember 26, 2017 at 10:23 pm
I love number two! Such a good idea!
AmandaNovember 27, 2017 at 11:29 am
Yes! All of this! Sunday night prep is HUGE for us!
JennyNovember 27, 2017 at 4:35 pm
Love this Arin such great advice! I agree a little bit here and here really cuts down time (it all adds up)! I need to get better about meal prep!
ArinNovember 27, 2017 at 8:20 pm
isn’t it crazy how getting those tiny tasks done at once saves you so much time all together?