The fact that I am writing a blog post on the best gifts for 9 year old boys makes me pretty sad! I always wait to speak on an age until I have a child that age, so the oldest sneaks up on me! Hopefully you will see some amazing items that are both helpful and fun in this post.
This post may contain affiliate links
Gifts for 9 Year Old Boys
9 year old boys are SO MUCH FUN. My oldest son turned 9 this fall, which meant I was officially thinking about what 9 year olds love. Jack is into ALL OF THE BOY THINGS. I can name so many pokemon (sometimes that is much to my dismay), and have googled more video game things than I ever thought was in my future.
I feel like by age 9 kids are really coming into their own, and so fun to shop for, BUT can also be trickier to shop for in terms of them moving past toys in a lot of ways. I know for Jack he definitely has his list of things every year that he wants, and we always oblige, but I also like to think out of the box and get him some things that not every one of his friends will have.
This year Jack will be getting Bokugan, Pokemon Cards, Dog Man books, and a good selection from the things in this post.
When I do my gift guides I work really hard on making sure there are items at all price points and for kids that love many different things. My kids all enjoy a wide variety of things so I try to think of items that all of them would love at age 9.
I also really like to find items they can use indoors and outdoors. Encouraging my kids to play outside is huge for me, so when we can I try to include items for outdoor use. In addition I added some useful items as well.
Other Gift Guides
If you are shopping for a 9 year old boy you may have other adults or kids to shop for. I have a whole gift guide page on my blog with 30+ gift guides separated by age and gender.
Hopefully you will be able to find great items that everyone in your life will love for birthdays, holidays, and other special occasions.
My Picks for Gifts for 9 Year Old Boys
My picks for 9 year old boys are a majority of things we have already purchased for my son, so that I know we love them and the nine year old in your life will love them too.
The gift guide is below, so shop the number you are interested in!
Shop Gifts for 9 Year Old Boys
- Lego Brick mug – LOVE this idea as a stocking stuffer or small gift. My boys especially are really into Legos and would LOVE this.
- Nintendo Switch – Hands down my sons favorite gift. We got this for him at age 7, and it remains a great purchase, but is obviously a more expensive option. One thing I love about this is that he truly appreciates getting games or gift cards. We typically tell family to get him a gift card and it has helped him learn to save up the funds for a game he really wants.
- Glow football – I can guarantee all of my kids (and husband) would actually love this. The good news is that it is dark at about 4 this time of the year, so I guess he could use it right after school.
- Electric Scooter – this is one of the items my 9 year old is getting this year. We did some research on what things we wanted in an electric scooter for our older kids, and this is where we landed for him. My husband and I both order electric scooters which we LOVE, but we know they can be dangerous, so make sure your kids have a good helmet.
- Basketball Hoop – This is another more expensive option but something great for years. This is an awesome idea for a group gift for siblings so they can play together.
- Joke Book – we got a different version of this for my son last year and it has been such a hit! He thinks it is so fun to learn the jokes and tell us.
- Pin Art – My daughter has this high on her list this year so I knew I had to add it to the gift guides. Who else remembers having one in elementary school??
- Light up Gloves – Such a fun idea. Pair these with the glow football and talk about some fun nights.
- Lego Mario – my son has this and it is the most amazing gift idea! You can add to this set and they set it up as an interactive LEGO toy. I highly recommend it for this age.
- 3D printer – this small 3D printer is such a fun way for your child to get creative and learn science. We have been trying to find ways to feed into creativity with Jack, and I LOVE THIS IDEA.
- Laser Tag – How fun is this? My Kids would go nuts for home lazer tag. I am thinking this summer in the backyard.
- Bike – we are BIG fans of new bikes for birthdays/holidays. This is a great option.
- Team Pennant
- Spike Ball – My kids have this, and I would say this age is about when it becomes fun to play this. (as a bonus – its fun for adults too)
- Magentic marble run – great for a budding engineer
- Convertible Folding Sofa – perfect for building forts + much more affordable than the name brand version
- Complete Harry Potter set – start them young!
How fun are those ideas? Hopefully you found great options for the 9 year old in your life.
Other Posts You’ll Love
Pin the Photo Below for Later
Hopefully you found some of the best gifts for 9 year old boys in this post and feel ready to gift something unique he will love. If you have any questions leave them below, and be sure to follow me on Instagram (@arinsolange) and Tik Tok for more daily finds.