Soup and chili season is upon us, and I can’t wait to finally share my FAVORITE cold weather recipe. I have been making this crockpot white chicken chili for the past few years and have yet to find someone who doesn’t love it and ask for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links. This post was updated September 2023.
White Chicken Chili In The Crockpot
What is white chicken chili? I think everyone has a bit of a different definition for it, but it is essentially a chicken soup recipe with beans. The broth is comprised of chicken stock and cream cheese.
As with traditional chili I think everyone has their own special recipe and it is something that can be tweaked and never done ‘wrong’.
I started making this a few years ago when I needed an easy recipe for a bible study. My husband isn’t a huge fan of traditional chili so I thought I would try it and we were hooked.
Over the years I have taken that original recipe and tweaked and changed it to be ‘perfect’. I feel like it is finally time I write it out instead of trying to explain it each time.
Why I Love This Recipe
I am all about easy. Honestly, I tend to be an either ‘easy meals’ kind of cook or a baker. I don’t love to spend hours in the kitchen, and even more I don’t love making a million dishes.
This recipe takes ZERO dishes aside from the crockpot. I even use the crockpot the night before to bake the corn bread so it makes for the most mess free meal!
I also love that over time I have found a way to make this crockpot chili recipe please most of my family, and by using rotisserie chicken it is a crockpot recipe that can be added to the crockpot in the afternoon if you want.
This recipe is super simple and straight forward. There is NO reason to go out and buy a new crockpot, but if you are looking for a new one, I am linking mine below.
I personally will be sharing several recipes you can make in that crockpot over the next few months, so if you own one be on the lookout for those.
I will be honest, I am not super technical when it comes to cooking. I will say that I think you can easily feed 4 adults and 2 kids with this single recipe.
If you had more people than that or wanted leftovers, you can easily double the recipe.
On that note, it does freeze very well. If you are looking for a good freezer meal for a friend or family member this would be a WONDERFUL option.
White Chicken Chili In The Crockpot
Enjoy this creamy white chicken chili that comes together in just 10 minutes and set to cook on low in your crockpot.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours and 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Crockpot Meals
- 3 cups of shredded rotisserie chicken or 1 lb. shredded cooked chicken breast
- 15 oz can of white Northern beans, drain and rinsed
- 15 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 10 oz can of Rotel
- 15 oz can of corn
- 16 oz jar of salsa
- 3 ¼ cups of chicken broth
- 8 oz block of cream cheese
- 1 packet ranch powder (2 tablespoons)
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tbsp of chili powder
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional garnishes: jalapeños, cilantro, sour cream, shredded cheese, pico de gallo, Fritos, or tortilla chips
- Cook your chicken breast and shred. If you buy a rotisserie chicken, shred 3 cups of chicken.
- Drain and rinse your beans and add them in the crockpot.
- Add your can of corn with liquid to the crockpot.
- Pour a can of Rotel in the crockpot with liquid.
- Add half a jar of salsa, about 1 cup. You can add more for your preference.
- Add chicken broth to the crockpot.
- Add chicken to the crockpot.
- Add spices.
- Stir it all together.
- Add a block of cream cheese, cubed, on top of the mixture.
- Put on the lid, set to low and cook for 8 hours. Alternatively, you can set it to high and cook for 3-4 hours
- Stir before serving and add your garnishes to the bowls.
* You can increase the spiciness level by adding in a touch of cayenne pepper. Go slow and be mindful that it will add heat. We opt to omit this for our kids, but if you like spicy foods, you can add 1/4 tsp of Cayenne pepper.
* You can make this dairy free by substituting vegan cream cheese.
*You can easily cook chicken breast in an Instapot. Add your chicken with 1 cup of water to Instapot. Set to high pressure for 16 minutes. Allow a 5 minute natural pressure release. Shred chicken with a stand mixer.
* Be sure to check out my cornbread recipe. You can make it the night before and it pairs perfectly with this soup.
Keywords: Crockpot meals, freezer meals, chicken chili, white chicken chili
Other Posts You’ll Love
Follow Social For The Latest & Greatest
Pin the Photo Below for Later
If this white chicken chili in the crockpot was a hit for you and your family be sure to pin the photo below to find it again later, and share it with your friends. Follow along on Instagram for more recipes, DIY’s, and home decor, and leave any comments you have below!