Spooky Basket Ideas
Who does a spooky basket for their kids for Halloween? I swear that Halloween is every kids FAVORITE holiday – so as much as I try not to go over board on holidays, Halloween has become a favorite for me to play up for my kids because the magic for them is so big.
This post may contain affiliate links
Spooky basket above is by my friend Stephanie from @stephaniehannablog and she is no doubt one of my favorite people and most creative friends!
I am actually NOT the mom that goes big with baskets and gifts for every holiday and occasion. I love teaching my kids that those days aren’t about that – but let’s face it.
Halloween for most families holds no religious meaning, and is just about FUN, so it has become a fun time of year to really just celebrate with my kids.
What Can I Give My Kids For Halloween?
This year will likely be a bit different than most, so I wanted to come up with a fun way to make things more special and making a spooky basket seemed like a great way to do that.
I am going to share a few of my favorites in this post from friends, but will also share ALL the goodies to make your own spooky basket for your kids.
What Makes a Spooky Basket?
Okay – a good spooky basket in my opinion isn’t necessarily spooky but is more of a fun way basket to get your kids into the season. For me WHEN I do baskets like this for my kids I try to do them early (in this case likely Oct. 1) so they can enjoy the items all season long.
I also think that if you do holiday specific items that won’t be used year long it would be smart to use them then store them in a bin for the next year, and incorporate some fun or useful items they can use up by Halloween, or that can be used year round!
The spooky basket from the first picture in this post was from my sweet friend Stephanie who HONESTLY kills it on all holidays, but Halloween is my ultimate fav with her.
She does the sweetest job of making things fun, simple, and useful for her kids, and setting it up in a magical way!
Above, my friend Valerie did the CUTEST baskets for her girls that were both spooky and sweet. I loved the mix of useful and fun, and I guarantee my kids would LOVE this. Follow her at @chasing_nostalgia on Instagram!
Other Halloween Fun!
While you’re here and grabbing all these spooky goodies be sure to check out the rest of my Halloween posts below and gain snack, costume, and decor inspiration!
What Can I Put in a Halloween Basket?
Now onto the fun – below is a round up of some fun, unique items you could grab to create our own spooky basket for your kiddo!
As a reminder – these are fun ideas. By no means do I think you need to do any of this or all of this. Just some fun little ideas.
Shop Spooky Basket Fillers Below
- Witch piñata
- Bag – this is such a cute option and would work well for trick or treating or going to the market and such all month long.
- Spider Balloon – my kids LOVE balloons. You don’t have to spend a bunch of money on each item for your kids to love these baskets
- Vampire Bite board book
- Sparkly Hunter boots – these would be really cute to use AS the basket. Simply fill them with tissue paper then put the other fun little items in them and tie a ribbon around them.
- Paper plates – these are so cute and fun!
- Glow Sticks – another fun item that won’t clutter your house. Get them a few and when the glow is gone throw them out.
- Keychain – this keychain is really cute. My daughter especially is REALLY into keychains right now.
- Initial Hat – my kids all have these and love them. Such a fun way to get them something useful.
- Sparkly hair bow – I definitely will be grabbing these.
- Book – we have this book, but to see more Halloween books we love that would be great to include check out this post.
- Spider Patch
- Tag for the basket – you could have this say something festive or even just their name. I use these fun tags all over the house for my kids.
- Cup – I love that this cup isn’t necessarily all out Halloween.
- Another great book
- Bracelet – Avé and Goldie will be getting these this year.
- Ghost wand – this is so dang cute
- Knee High socks
- Kitty purse
Hopefully these items got your brain thinking about some great ideas you could add to your spooky basket. Just a reminder – as a mom there is so much pressure in todays culture to do it all. Find your traditions that fit you and do them.
Never feel bad if you are ‘extra’ and gifting is your love language with your kids. Never feel bad if the idea of a basket for Halloween make you cringe. Also never second guess if one year it makes sense for your family and the next it doesn’t.
As mom’s we can set the tone for our families. We get to decide what is best and what will shape our kids to be the best humans they can be. So do whatever you think is best for them this holiday season (HALLOWEEN INCLUDED), and enjoy this time with them.
Pin the Image Below for Later
If you have any questions on these items, or what to put in your spooky basket be sure to shoot me a DM on Instagram (@arinsolange) or leave a comment below! Happy Halloween.