I started this series on first day of school outfits when we were all locked down in 2020, and incorporated pajamas and other fun items, and it has become a tradition now to tie in fun items for both wearing at home and school. My older kids wear a uniform, so I now love having the fun school themed items in small ways and pajamas. Hopefully you find something festive and fun in this post.
this post may contain affiliate links
First Day of School Outfits
If you are a mom with school aged kids, then you probably encountered the last day of school photo issue this past spring…and here we are again still trying to navigate the world that is just so far from normal.
I am a firm believer in celebrating back to school – no matter what that looks like for your family, and will be sharing some ideas and resources to tackle the school year for ALL families as the next month goes on. I am hoping that as a community we can all come together to really support every family in the choice they make (OR are forced to make) in what this fall looks like for their family.
For first day of school outfits I tried to share some great traditional looks as well as some more casual stay at home looks!
First Day of School Outfits – At Home Addition
So when it comes to being at home – I don’t think you necessarily have to embrace things ‘normally’. I think sometimes the joy comes into leaning into the abnormal, and finding the small wins that way.
This round up contains so many gorgeous outfits, but it also contains some really inexpensive play clothes versions, and lots of pajamas. Let’s face it – the pandemic has normalized lazy clothes and pajamas, so why not make them festive.
No matter if you go festive like one of the options in this post or you go stay in pajamas to homeschool- looking back on how much your kids have grown over the year is so fun, so snap the picture.
I’ll start with the back to school clothes – both casual with some shorts and joggers- and a bit more festive with bows and the cutest kids’ varsity jacket I’ve ever seen.
Shop Back to School Clothes
- Red Windbreaker – the perfect windbreaker in a classic back to school color. Great for an outer layer on rainy days.
- Brown Shoes – these are a great option if your school has a loose uniform/dress code
- Apple dress
- Ruffle sleeve apple dress
- Knee high apple socks
- Canvas velcro shoes
- Jersey knit tee – lots of colorways!
- Space shirt
- Gingham bow scrunchie
- Bracelet – this is DARLING. Plus there are personalization options too!
- Drop waist apple dress
- Yellow polka dot leggings
- Apple twirl dress
- Denim jumper – this would look cute with a short sleeve tee and sneakers and a sweater, tights, and Mary Janes. SO VERSATILE
- Varsity Jacket – for your budding athlete. This is precious.
- Pink pencil bow
- Long sleeve apple tee
- Striped Crew Socks
- Green Apple Faux Wrap Dress
- Pink pull on shorts
- Pencil bow
- Toddler joggers – joggers are the perfect fall preschooler pants
- Brown little shoes – Avé gets some version of this every year – these are some of my favorites.
- White converse tennis shoes – I love a good plain shoe option that can pair with anything above.
- Long sleeve red apple dress
And now for the back to school pajamas! Whether you’ll be homeschooling or just celebrating the back to school season, these cozy options will get your family in the spirit!
Shop Back to School Pajamas
- Burt’s Bees Apples
- Red and green short sleeve set
- Rainbow alphabet
- Primary crayons
- Neutral letters
- School Days
- Chemistry short sleeve set
- Grade pennants
- Pencil marks
- Alphabet zoo
- Alphabet transportation
- Green apples
Hopefully this gave you some great ideas for that first day! I am going to continue to share great resources for this fall on Instagram (@arinsolange) and Tik Tok – so be sure you are subscribed for my emails and following along and don’t miss a thing.
Other Posts You’ll Love
Pin the Photo Below for Later
Pin the photo below to find these first day of school outfits for later, and let me know if you have any questions in the comments below. Hopefully this fall proves to show blessings in disguise for all of us and we are able enjoy what the season brings!